Wednesday, October 10, 2007

We're coming home!!!!

I called the Embassy this afternoon for an update on our case. The American officers were busy and one was going to call me back later this afternoon. About 15 minutes after I hung up we got a call from one of the Vietnamese women at the embassy telling us that our visa had been approved!

She asked if we could be at the embassy in the next 15 minutes for our 2nd interview (my answer was "Hell yeah!") and we were on our way. We met WC staff at the embassy, paid some money, and we were on our way.

The other families in our travel group are still waiting on their paperwork. Somehow, and we have no idea how, we went from being at least a day behind everyone to at least a day ahead. WC staff did tell us that (he thought) in January 2008 the embassy would switch to the 1 interview method, so all investigations are already completed by the time the families get here. That should eliminate most of the pain that we and the other families went through while we were waiting.

As we speak we're waiting on our travel agent to wake up and try to book us on an earlier flight. WC staff will get the visas tomorrow at 4:00 and we can leave anytime after that. We're hoping we can get on an early Friday flight, but worst case we'll be leaving Saturday night as planned.

We've decided to stay at our new hotel (Horison) for the duration. We can both finally breathe.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. We'll see everyone soon.

Dennis

14 comments:

Dawn said...

OMG ~ That is wonderful!!!
We are SO happy for you.

Leslie & Shaune said...

Wonderful news. glad you will be able to be home soon.

Karen said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so happy for you guys I'm starting to tear up!! Great news!
Amy in TX

Cathy said...

This is wonderful news. Have a safe trip home and try to enjoy your last days in country.

Julie said...

What wonderful news to see this morning. I feel like I have been holding my breath waiting to hear good news (and I am not even the one in the situation!!) and can finally exhale!

Congratulations,
Julie

charisa said...

Wo hoo! I am so happy for your family!
I remember tears when the plane landed on American soil!
Please post more pictures of the babies now!
Thanks!

Karey said...

WONDERFUL! I'm so happy for you guys! This TOTALLY made the rest of my week :)

Debbie said...

I am beyond thrilled for your family and hope you know that you have had the thoughts and prayers of your extended WC family.

Sue said...

That's great news! Wishing you a safe and uneventful trip home. Please convey my good wishes to the other families waiting as well.

Sue, PAP awaiting travel

Anonymous said...

This is very good news. I am glad things shifted in the right direction.

Still willing to help you fight the fight when you come home.

Becky said...

You can now grow your fingernails back since I am sure you have bitten them all off waiting. Congratulations!!!
Becky AP to a TN beauty(Gracie)

Kim said...

That's awesome news...I have goose bumps for you and your family. Have a safe journey home.

Michelle said...

What great news!! We will be praying for your safe trip back home!